Dreams

Do you ever have a dream that acts like a warning symbol in life? I dream of a snake and within 2 weeks bad news befalls someone in my family. It happens every time throughout the years. When I have the snake dream. Each time a different kind of snake I pray for every one I know. Does any one else have this happen but maybe with different animal or symbol? I am serious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• While I don't have "animal" warning dreams, I have had dreams about things that will happen. Could the snake maybe be an animal guide of yours? It could "come" to you in these dreams because that is it's purpose. I believe that we all have several different animal guides and each one has a different purpose.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have never experienced a dream like you described, but I do think dreams can have real meaning for us. Maybe because you are in tune to your dreams you are able to easily receive these messages.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• In writing about Snake Symbolism, Gillian Holloway, Ph.D. wrote, "People who are dying or who have lost a loved one often dream of snakes, at or near the time of death. For whatever reason, these dreams seem involved with the psychic awareness of the transition from this life to the next...."

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I find it very interesting that it happens to you but I've never personally experienced something like that.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The significance of the snake in dreams can be a warning of sorts representing fear but can also be a sexual symbol. It can be a sign of letting go of the old and embracing the new. For myself animals in dreams are a good thing.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Wow. I read something completely different about snakes in my dream book. O_o

I do sometimes have premonition-like dreams, but not often & not lately.
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 6:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sometimes dreams are dreams. Sometimes they are warnings or clarifications. Don't over focus on them. You can keep a journal of your dreams and maybe that will give you insight.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 3:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2010