Anyone gotten pregnant with an IUD in?

This is for anyone who has had any sort of IUD put in...and wound up pregnant.I currently have the Mirena and have had it in for a little over a year now and I'm really concerned about getting pregnant. Lately I haven't been feeling very well and I can't get the thought that maybe I'm pregnant again.Not that I would mind having another baby..JUST NOT NOW!!

mommy2zach

Asked by mommy2zach at 3:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• WikiAnswers - Can you get pregnant with an IUD
    My husband's mother had an IUD in when she got pregnant with him. It wasn't a failed IUD or placed wrong. It was in perfect position, he just got past and ...
    wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_get_pregnant_with_an_IUD -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I'd kinda like to see more answers about this one. I got my IUD 2 months ago and only bled for 2 weeks or so and haven't had a normal period since. I am kinda curious too. I was planning on taking a pregnancy test myself. I know you can have ectopic pregnancies with the Mirena tho.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 4:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I have not personally gotten pregnant with an IUD in (I have had the Mirena for 5 months now) but I have had two friends that have.
    CariPacheco04

Answer by CariPacheco04 at 3:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• yes i got the copper IUD in after i had my daughter and 9 months later i was pregnant.. they took it out right away i was 4 weeks along and my son is perfectly healthy thank god!
    Jolenemom2

Answer by Jolenemom2 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2008

• Wow.I have the Mirena(about 3 months).When i got it put in I had my period but for only about a week.I took several HPT they came back that I wasnt.I have also gone to the doctors and they came back that I wast..But I have sore brest,always tired and hungrary..Also my back hurts more than it did with my 1st
    singlemom1226

Answer by singlemom1226 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 17, 2008

• ive only had mirena in since the 3rd of december, and its really bothering me that im pregnant. i just started my period today, so after i get off of it. im gona take a pregnancy test to make sure.
    jaydensmommy_08

Answer by jaydensmommy_08 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008