5 days late.... but not pregnant?!

Can stress really make my period THIS late? Do you know of any other medical reasons why this would be happening?? I'm freaking out and I'm pretty worrid! We are TTC but I've gotten 5 neg tests, I know... that's excessive but I just don't understand what's wrong with me?!

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Maybe you're off and your p is still to come?

Wait a week.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Your only 5 days late give it a whole week.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• You most likely Ovulated late and therefor it's not time for your period yet. Same thing happened to me until I really knew my cycles. You can O late for many reasons stress, exercise, diet, ect.. Sorry :(
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• 5 days is a lot for me, usually my cycle is 28 days... my last perod started on june 5th.....
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• momofone- so could i still be pregnant???? :o(
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• You could, unless you know exactly when ovulation took place. Do you know? I use the ClearBlue Easy fertility monitor and usually O on day 16 (today woohoo) and I know that exactly 14 days later my period starts. That automatically tells me when my period will begin bc I know my phase lasts 14 days.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No, i dont know exactly... I just went by what the internet expected it to be!!! haha
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Oh LOL! Don't do that, I tried for my son for 11mos bc I went by the internet. They estimate O at day 14, which is not likely for most women. Use OPK or the fertility monitor to time O, there will be no guessing involved :) And a great book to read is "Taking Charge Of My Fertility". Test in another few days and see what happens if AF doesn't show.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would also highly recommend the book , "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". I had found the fertile signs very helpful (cervical fluid, and BBT) as well as others and the book as a whole is a great read!
    The OPK's are also reliable in telling you (along with the other above signs) when you are peaking ovulation and once you have ovulated.
    Good luck!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2010