Help! My male (tuxedo) cat is peeing everywhere! First he is un neutered, I don't know if that could be a factor. Also he is not the only cat. He seems to prefer paper,plastic, and boxes to pee on. What can I do to get him to stop?

cat, urine, no

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pets

• Is he spraying or just peeing? It sounds like he is being territorial. Get him fixed and it should stop.
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My sister's cat was doing this, she almost brought her to the pound. As a last resort she brought her to the vet, who found a uti. She gave the cat meds for 10 days and the cat stopped peeing on things.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I really believe it to be urine, I've caught him in the act and he squats and then it's a puddle.
    mommyofone740

Comment by mommyofone740 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Male cats like to mark their territory. We had a kitty that wanted to go on everything that was in the floor and we had to make sure to keep everything cleared out. All grocery bags and boxes, clothing....everything had to stay out of the floor or he would go on it. We got him neutered and that helped out a lot.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Get him fixed and that will stop. Or like what sleepingbutee said it could be a uti.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Get him neutered.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Has he always done it or did it just start? My male cat started doing that and we found out that he had a bladder infection and he couldn't control it. Once he got medicine he stopped. If he's always done it then he's probably marking his territory, which to you is really nasty but to him it's his way of life.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• As long as he's neutered, he will never spray/pee. Right now he is not peeing, he is spraying. He is probably horny and just wants to get laid! He needs to get fixed. It is about $80.oo at a local shelter. Think of the stress free life you will enjoy after he's neutered and stops spraying... If that didn't help change your mind about getting him fixed, just think that it is cum coming out of him everywhere, even though it's not white.
    Also, if you see crystals in it, then it is urine and he has a UTI.
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 8:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• You said he is not only the cat...you mean you have other cats too? I have 1 cat and anytime we bring another cat into the house we have to give them away because she refuses to shar her litter box, shell pee anywhere she can even on our clothes.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• First I'd get him neutered. Second I'd find out if he has a UTI. My cat was peeing everywhere and we found out he had an UTI. We kind of thought he did because he had problems peeing and the pee had a pinkish tinge. As soon as the meds kicked in, he stopped peeing everywhere.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2010