Diaper pail

Have a Genie. Hate it. Still smells. Any suggestions?

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Shopping

• nothing works...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would bring it to a resale baby store :o) Sorry thats all I have- Mine smelled all the time and so I bought a diaper champ... Works better and the bags are reg. trash bags... Way cheaper!!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 7:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The genie didn't work for me, I just bought a trash can and scented trash bags.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Mine was also a waste of money....I felt bad that someone spent their money on buying it for me, cause it just didn't work! I double bagged them and made sure they went to the dumpster at the end of every day.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 7:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Don't buy another one. We put the diaper into a grocery bag, tie it up, and put it in a trash can in our garage.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I just use a regular trash can. Poopy diapers either get wrapped in a grocery bag or go out immediately. If the can gets really full sometimes I smell the diapers, but not bad.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We never used ours. We put a garbage can out on our back deck and put all diapers out there. It holds exactly one weeks worth of diapers.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That thing sucked soooo badly!!!! I had an open/shut lid trash with the foot peddle in the baby's room for pee diapers only, then the poo ones would get wrapped up double-bagged to the kitchen trash (which usually gets taken outside twice a day), but you really can't smell it when it is double-bagged like that.

You can buy those teeny tiny trash bags that are made for restroom garbage pails really inexpensively sometimes at 99 cent stores or even the local pharmacy, but grocery sacks do just fine. At our grocery store and pharmacy, they sell these little sacks to pick up your dog doo with when you take your dog for a walk and they are not very expensive, you can also use them.
    hapullymareed

Answer by hapullymareed at 8:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We use a trash can, with a lid that you open with the foot pedal. It stinks when you open it to throw something away, but when it is closed you smell nothing. It has gone thru 2 children. It was from walmart.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I use a Simple Human trash can with a big wet bag liner instead of a trash bag (we cloth diaper.) I scrape off the poo the best I can and then put the diaper in as is. No dunking in the toilet or anything like that. As long as the lid is on tightly, the smell stays in the can.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010