Is this normal for a three year old?

Ok, my three year old dd has a bad habit of humping things. And we are talking about all kinds of things. The couch, her bed, her brother, the bar in the child seat of a cart at the store, pretty much anything she can. We took her to the doctor, and she said she didn't have any of the signs of having an infection. That was a few months ago, though, and she has done it continuously since then. What really worries me is she started this just after my BIL got out of prison (long story there). So, has anyone elses daughter done this? What do you suggest I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my mother used to be a nanny for a little girl that used to do that all the time too...her mother talked to her pediatrician about it and he said to don't over react to it to try and ignore it ...some kids just do that .
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It is normal to do that...I did a different version of self stimulation starting at 2 or 3. LOTS of girls do that. Don't get on to her or make her feel ashamed. Just make her understand it is an in her room alone thing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• no that not normal, id be wondering where she got that from
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'd ignore it? But as Cochise stated, listen to your gut.
    HCBallek

Answer by HCBallek at 8:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I just read the very ending of you question...you gotta listen to your gut on that one.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Something is telling you to be concerned, take her back to the doctor.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have three girls, and no humping.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My oldest daughter did that when she was 4 or something like that. Girls do start to feel pleasure down there early on.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010