mouth numbness and a headache? help!

today, i woke up with a slight headache, it's been on and off all day. then all the sudden about half way through the day, i was talking and half of my tounge went numb! that was followed by my gums, inner cheek, and lips going numb, but only on one side of my mouth! it only lasted about 10 minutes, then i had full feeling back. my headache hasn't gone away though. i get headaches about once a week, but i have never had any numbness. i read online that it is associated with migranes. i've never heard anything like that before! anyone have any ideas what this is?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Health

• I was just going to suggest migraine. I get migraines and sometimes my face and lips get numb. If it happens again, you need to see a doctor, probably a neurologist.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• you are describing a disruption in one of the cranial nerves. It could well be a migraine-associated thing. I'd write it down if I were you and if it happens again, by all means see a doc. If you have any type of appt coming up, even a dentist go ahead and mention it then.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010