how to clean polyester chair???

I have a glider made of polyester fiber. My son fell asleep in it during his nap and had a pee accident. My first thought was wiping it with my oxyclean spray. it's actually a laundry booster but works for quick stain removal too. Well it seemed to make the smell worse and the fabric isnt drying. SO and I noticed it has a zipper and we can remove the cushion off the frame. I cant remove the stuffing, but I can wipe the cushion down better since it's off the frame. Since oxyclean seems to be a bad idea, how do clean this material and do I let it dry out in the sun? This is a beautiful glider and I dont want to ruin it.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 8:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• try putting baking soda over the smelly area and having it soak up any remaining liquid or odor. Febreze can be used, but you have to be careful to only get a fine mist of the product on the furniture, or else you will have dried water marks.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• did I ruin it with the oxiclean spray? I dont want to cover the smell, I want to pretty much "wash" the fabric
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2010