I'm 29 weeks pregnant and want to know about how many diapers of each size to buy...?

JennCharisma

Asked by JennCharisma at 9:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• with my dd i used half a pack of new borns and about 3 or 4 of the size ones. and lots of size 2
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• well i would say a couple box 1 of ones will do for right now, sometimes they skip sizes so it best to buy as u go along
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Newborn-1 large packet(may need a small one also)
    Size one-depends on how fast your baby grows and that goes for the rest of the sizes also.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have seen an estimate of 8-10 diapers per day for a newborn. I am 24 weeks pregnant and we bought 2 boxes of newborn diapers and 2 boxes of size 1 diapers to start with. If you're having a shower, you'll probably get more.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If your looking to just stock the closet, I would recommend buying size 2 or bigger. My sons grew so fast that the newborn and size 1 only fit for a very short time and both times I ended up giving away extras in the smaller sizes.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• To be honest, I wouldnt buy too many! Especially if you are gonna have a baby shower.... the most I would get is one pack of newborn diapers, the hospital usually gives you some too... that way you wont be wasting your money on buying lots of diapers. It really depends on your baby too, my daughter was 8 pounds and went straight to size 1. she was only in 2's for a short period of time and she is in the weight limit but she has chubby little legs and wears the next size. You could set money aside for them and buy when needed.... thats up to you though!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would wait until the baby comes.  You could get some size 1-2 (that's even what our hospital used for regular sized term babies).

We picked up a pack of newborn diapers when we were pregnant with our 2nd.  He ended up being 9lbs 3oz and NEVER fit into newborn anything.  He was in a size 3 diaper by the time he was 2 months old (my oldest was 18 months and still in a size 3).  he only wore newborn clothes for a week and they were small on him.  We had to go out and buy him 0-3 month shirts and 3-6 month pants on our way home from the hospital just so he would have some clothes that fit.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The hospital sent us home with a shopping bag of disposables; then our friends started bringing over their old cloth diapers and covers. After a few months, I started hunting down diapers at second hand shops

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• im 29 weeks too with my second. i would say buy as they grow, or you could waist a lot of money. with my first i had so many size n-2 from my shower and had to give most away because he grew so fast by 4 mos he was in a size 4 he is 18mos now and in a size 6 he stayed in size 4-5 forever so if you really want something to last ide say 4 or 5.
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2010