Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

No help, because I'm not abused!?!

I'm being emotionally, mentally and verbally abused. But because there is NO evidence I'm being told I can't get help. He's controlling! I am forced to stay here for many reasons and no where to go. I can't go to a homeless shelter, the judge will see it as a bad environment and give him custody. I have no friends and no family. I needed out like yesterday! He's going threw my things and trying to find things to use against me in court. I dunno what to do! NO where to go! and getting trashed even more each day!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • who is telling you that you can't get help?
    can you call a hotline? often womens shelter can direct you on this sort of thing. sounds like you need a lawyer and fast!

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • set up a video cam to catch him and use that or call the police and have them listen on the phone (you must hide it but somewhere they can hear) or a tape recorder (walmart has them cheap) even a digital camera can record if you have one. do something like this then take it for your evidence.

    Answer by hotrodmomma at 9:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • i have been a survivor of demestic violence for over 20 yrs and whoever is telling you you can't get help is oncorrect I have been in domestic violence shelters for verbal abuse and if yo ask anyone they will tell you verbal abuse is th worse. get help qucklyu before it escaqlates. to something more. i keep you in my prayers.

    Answer by dynameteduck at 9:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • Can you record what he say's to you or even film what he is doing!
    i know how you felt about not having anyone to help you, it is sad because in some cases when the help comes is to late. this is the reason why in our world many women's die because people think that abuse mean's bruses.. i think is so so wrong, that why i never told my family that sometimes my ex boyfriend used to abuse me...
    I'm really sorry for you.
    if you want to have a friend i can be! just add me. ok?
    good luck

    Answer by Sofiah at 9:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • You need to start documenting every single thing and find a very good hiding place to put your documentation. When the time comes for you to go to court,you can it for your case. I hate that you are going through this. I have never had to deal with this kind of thing,but there HAS to be some kind of help out there for these situations. I hope someone has better information for you and I hope the best for you.

    Answer by phall1069 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • Who told you what the Judge will think? Getting the children to a calm environment isn't a bad thing. You don't have to live like that and neither do the kids

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • Oh my you poor lady. I agree you must do anything and everything to show proof.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 10:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • Seeing how I can't reply annyon here UGH! I'm the OP! I have a TPOR saying that child can't go with me. I can go but son can't. And I'm not willing to leave my child with him. I did find one place that would take me, but because of the TPOR I'm still stuck. The judge himself told me he wouldn't lift the order either while it's in place.

    Answer by JuneWestling at 10:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.