Why is it considered being a b*tch if it's your honest opinion?

If the question is asked about what you can do and a person honestly answers with their true feelings, why is it considered being bi*tchy? Not everyone's answer has to be all comforting and supporting. Anonymous or not, it's a true feeling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Some of us will just tell it like it is. If that makes me a bitch because I don't candycoat my response or give you exactly what you want to hear, oh well not my problem. If you don't want an honest opinion then don't ask a question.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I always say, it's not what you say, but how you say it. You can get your point across without being cold or rude or negative.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It doesn't mean you are being one, but you can word things so that aren't necessarily harsh. I have a hard time doing that myself. All my friends know that I don't beat around the bush. I tell you like it is.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Whenever you answer it should be to help the "asker", and if you keep that in mind, you will answer in a loving manner even if you disagree w/ the person....state your mind in Love :)

I don't know how you normally answer, so maybe this does not relate to you.....
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• because people want to hear what they want to!
    They like fake answers...not all the people but just some..
    but sometimes you have to be carefull about the way you tell things.. sometimes if you are being so rude or something they will think that you are being a real B*tch.
    Sofiah

Answer by Sofiah at 9:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• it's more how it's said that makes someone a B$)^&# than the actual honest truth.

Example: Say someone wants advice on an abusive bf..

a b$*#)Y answer would be something like: well it's stupid to be with someone who is abusive, why didn't you leave the first time he hit you.. etc etc.

an answer that is still honest, yet sensitive to the situation would be more like: I believe staying with a person like that is bad for your health and I don't think it would be smart to stay in that situation.. here are some numbers to call, that can help you get out of that situation. They will help you find a safe home, as well as offer to help get you started toward a new safe life. ETc etc.

You are still basically saying it's not smart to stay, but in a more sensitive way.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• some people are sensitive I guess---i need to know the situation and the thing said.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That's how I am I don't have time to beat around the bush.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• What CAGirl4 said.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• they say the truth hurts and if you are telling the truth than maybe you are hurting someoes feeling making you seem like a biotch.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 9:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010