ANTS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are ants in everything!!! This has been a serious problem in our neighborhood, but this is ridiculous!!! I don't even know where to start!!! There are even ants in our bathroom, creeping around looking for something to scavange!!!! I just threw away all of my baking stuff today because ants have infitrated it!! I want to scream, but like a good mommy, I will just bottle it in for another day. I am sooo sick of ants, and ant poison that doesn't do its freaking job!!!!!!!!! Anybody have the same problem???

EFotiou

Asked by EFotiou at 9:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• With children around, ant poisons can be dangerous. Lynette is right. Start wiping everything down with vinegar water...and she means EVERYTHING. You can also try walking around your house and see where the ants seem to be getting in. Usually there's a line of them going to and from the entry point. Once you've found that, get some cayenne pepper. Whether its a window sill or a door, sprinkle a line of cayenne pepper over the length of the threshold. Ants hate it and will avoid it. To be on the safe side, you could probably just do it to every window and door. Its natural and the babes can't usually get to the pepper if you do it right. Good luck!!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 10:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• along w/ all the killing tips also use a white vinigar/ water mix for cleaning floors, counters, mirrors...everything. Ants don't like it. google ants and vinegar. I swear it helps alot!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have the same problem.. Our back yard is infested, they got into the playroom, livingroom, and bathroom. Thankfully they haven't made it to the kitchen yet.. but yeah, we've tried everything from ant traps to sprays to borax, to soap and water to corn meal.. nothing seems to be working to get rid of them. I mean we've kept the livingroom and playroom and bathroom spot less to keep them out of the house, and I still find them..

I feel your pain! I swear if it doesn't stop I'm calling an exterminator.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We have never had ants BUT we do this year! Not as bad as you do though. (sorry) I have been trying to find the ant nests outside and killing them first. We only have a few here and there in the house but I have seen trails across the deck and sidewalk. Hope they leave you alone and move on soon!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We have the same problem. I guess it's time to get the corn meal out again.

Ants can't digest corn meal. They take it back to their colony and any that eat it die. It's safe and natural.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i had the same problem at the apt i just moved from because it was in the basement. we put ant traps in every room and that worked like a charm. you can find them at any grocery store or a store like wal mart
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sprinkle cinnamon where ever you see the little buggers

Answer by rkoloms at 7:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2010