are there shows you do not let you kids watch?

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 9:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tons! We use our parental control to loack out channels and shows that are inappropriate.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• ^lock
    Erin814

• There's a LOT of shows that dd misses out on. She only gets about half an hour of TV on week days and a movie or two during the whole week.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• there are MORE that I DON'T let them watch, than i'll let them watch....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Nope. If it's not porn, she's allowed to watch. She knows enough to understand it's only a show, it's not real, not to repeat what she sees.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I can tell you the shows they do watch over the ones they don't watch. they're allowed to watch anything on Nick Jr, and the Disney channel in the morning, some things on 'normal' disney. like phineas and ferb. i don't mind it, cuz i like that show. anything on Cartoon Network, and Spongebob is not allowed at all. I also don't mind the Sprout channel, but they don't like it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My DD just watches her "shows". she's allowed anything on Nickelodeon channels, Disney channels, or PBS kids. She also likes to watch some of the food shows like Man Vs Food and stuff like that. My boys are 13 and 11, and they can watch anything PG-13 and under. They love Psych, Warehouse 13, Survivor, Lost, My Name is Earl, and a lot more. They are NOT allowed to watch that 1000 Ways To Die, or anything on Adult Swim even though its on a "kids" channel, and nothing with nudity. My 11 year old really wants to watch Saw (I know, its a movie not a show but still), and I absolutely refuse to let him watch that.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Ooooooh yeah. I hate a lot of the "kids" shows that are on lately. They're so dumb. I remember watching cartoon network when I was young but looking at it now, it's total garbage. I took DD to an indoor playround once and they had a tv playing cartoon network. (idk why since playgrounds are for PLAY, not tv) We left. We don't have cable or that thing that makes a regular tv work. So our tv is only used for DVDs. We pick just a few shows to buy her on DVD. She's only 33 months so tv isn't a big part of her day.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sure, SouthPark and FamilyGuy to just name 2.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010