I am addicted to the smell of my baby... It kind of a sweet milky smell. I love it... is this normal?

Cleta

Asked by Cleta at 10:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Umm... weird... but at least you love your baby!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i think so :)
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think so, at least I've heard other people talk about it before! :o) I think it's sweet.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Normal! =)
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• no, not crazy at all. there's a sweet smell that comes off the top of their head that i can remember like it was yesterday, and wish to goodness he still smelled so good! at 5yo, he usually smells like sweat and dirt, and the occasional cheeto.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Very normal. A baby can tell the smell of his mother's milk from the milk of other mothers at 2 days. Mothers and babys are supposed to like each others smells. With my second baby I didn't wear deoderant. I found out I was allergic to a chemical in deoderant and couldn't find any without that chemical. I sweat a lot when I'm lactating. My son loved the smeal of sweat. He is now an adult and doesn't mind sweat smell at all.

There are also pheramones that link mother and baby. If you sleep near your baby pheramones can make you have a similar sleep cycle as your baby.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love it too!!
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 10:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My baby has the sweetest breath (except after she spits up hehe), and I love smelling it. In general she smells very sweet, and I'm all the time holding her close and smelling her.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think it's very normal. I remember that smell and loved every second of it. DH did too.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• very normal, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the way my baby smells especially when he was first born! it doesnt last long enough though then they smell like little puppies lol
    mOmMyWiFeNuRsE3

Answer by mOmMyWiFeNuRsE3 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010