cramps @ 37 weeks

Ok today I made 37 wks and I have been feeling as if my period is about to start. Yesterday I had a doc apt and I am 80% effaced. Could this mean labor is close

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would say so....or at least that your body is gearing up!
    CONGRATS! I'm 37wks today too!!!! xoxox Are you having a boy or girl??
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'm haveing a boy congrats to u 2 :)
    jfrancis91680

Comment by jfrancis91680 (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• it's probably close! the more you dialate before real labor the less likely you are to need a c section, acording to my doctor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It sounds like you may already be in labor. I went into labor at 37 weeks with my first baby. It felt just like a bad period, that warm achy type cramp you get on your first day of your period. I was having contractions, but they were irregular so I thought it was BH. I went to bed and woke up wet at 3:00am, my water had broke. My dr said that contractions aren't always regular with labor and instead of timing them to count. She said 10 contractions in 1 hour is the real deal and go to L&D.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It is possible you could already be in labor. Labor symptoms manifest in various ways and not everyone has the same symptoms. Also, in connection with the previous comment, most doctors want to have the baby delivered within 24 hours of when the water breaks.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 10:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010