Is anyone here on bedrest? I am and I'm terribly sad because of it.

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 10:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Health

• I'm not, but why would you be sad about it? You gotta do what you gotta do to keep your baby safe. My husband and I were just talking about bedrest not 5 minutes ago.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• There is no evidence that bedrest works. When the doctor suggested bedrest I took it easy, didn't lift or heavy clean, didn't go out by myself, but I didn't stay in bed. You could do research. Bedrest makes labor more difficult and increases your risk of blood clots.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not me, but wanted to offer you a hug. And of course you would be sad about it! That doesn't mean you're not 110% committed to doing whatever you need to for your baby. It just means you're sad. Maybe you are sad about your own limited mobility now, maybe about lost income (if you were working), maybe you are sad b/c the reason you are on bedrest is a health concern that has you worried. Hang in there, mama!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was on bed rest for a couple weeks during this last pregnancy. My fluid was short so he put me on for a week or so. It was hard! I feel your pain girl! Luckily my wonderful DD was here to keep me company and she helped to make it go by quick. Just watch alot of movies, play games, start an arts and crafts hobby, or yak on the phone. Call a Mary Kay consultant to come over and pamper you. That's what I did. lol It sucks but it's for the good of your baby. Yeah it did make my labor a bit more difficult. I had a hard time pushing out the placenta so it had to be removed, but I don't know if that had to do with me being on bed rest or not.

Best of luck!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was on bed rest for my last month of pregnancy with both girls due to chronic hypertension. (Bed rest DOES help with hypertension and other conditions as well.) I know how out of control, lonely and impatient it makes you feel. With my first daughter I also had carpel tunnel syndrome in both wrists as well as a ganglion cyst on my left wrist. I barely had any use of my hands and I was extremely swollen. Find some things you like to do to keep your mind busy. Crafts, puzzles, games, books. Hope it helps knowing you aren't alone! I wish you the best!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• BTW, despite being on bed rest with both my pregnancies, I had no problems pushing. I pushed for about 30 minutes which is a little better than normal for most first time moms. My second was even quicker. Kegel exercises can help, also you can masage perenium with oil during the last few weeks
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010