Not sure where God is leading me...

To make a long story short...I dated a guy for 3 years. We had SOO many obstacles. He decided to go to a college far away from me. For the longest time I tried to find a way to go live there with him. Never worked. I believe now..that thats bc that wasnt God's plan for me. He wants me to do the right thing and living with my bf isn't..ok i get that. We broke up bc of the distance. It was just too much for us. We've been sorta on and off with our emotions. For awhile there I felt very strongly that we were supposed to be together..just didnt know how at the moment. Well in the meantime, I met someone. We've been together for 3 months. I am finally somewhat getting over my ex. But at the same time...I have been hanging out with a group from church and a lot of them go to the school he's going to. I've always wanted to go there. And lately ive had a strong that I belong there. Well, it doesn't help that lately I've also...Cont'd

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't rush into any relationship. It is more important to focus on you and your family. It can be bad for a child to have their mother seeing various people and depending on how you are treated, it can cause a lot of relationship issues for them and their future dating and marrying. The right person will come a long and you won't have to struggle. Emotions can be very misleading and cause a lot of problems.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 10:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I had strong feelings for my new boyfriend. I just applied to this school. And ill be a transfer student. I am most likely going to get accepted because of my great GPA and all that. I'll even be getting scholarships. I've wanted to go here bc I absolutly loooove the christian atmosphere. I've visited the area and the school 4 times now and everytime i feel like i belong. I will know by next week if I have gotten accepted or not. This is like a HUUGE deal. Especially since I"m a single mother. My daughter is 2. I am 21. So...it would be a big thing. But I know that I will have a lot of help because I know a lot of people that go there and have already offered to help.
    But what about this new guy? I'm falling for him and I"m kinda accepting the fact that me and my ex wont be together. Of course if i do go there...this new guy its over. and my ex and I MIGHT just might get back together. I alwasy thought he was the one for me
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• So I am more choosing this school bc of the degree I want (my school now doesnt offer it) and I love the people and atmosphere. I wouldnt be going bc of my ex.

So idk what I am suppose dto do. Do you belive that God is trying to tell me something?
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i believe that sometimes we have to choose to do the right thing even though it might hurt someone else. if it was meant to be...it will come back to you later in life. do the school thing and let the one that loves you most come to you.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Honestly coming from a Christian I don't know that its about "what is God trying to tell me". I think you need to make a decision about what guy you really like. It shouldn't matter whether you go to this school or not..you should be with the person you truly like and maybe THAT is what you should be asking God about. Don't go into school thinking "well I guess if we cross paths alot we'll start dating". Take control of this situation and make a solid choice. Thats fair for you and for these two men.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'd definately wait it out and pray. See what happens with the school. Even if you and this guy don't end up marrying one another, he could be a good friend. I always say where do yall want to be in the future- you have a daughter & are a Christian so I assume you want to be married in the future- does this guy? If so is he fitting into that role well? As Dr. Phil says are there any "will not accepts" going on? If so, break it off.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If it works out with the new guy then it will. There is nothing wrong with putting yourself first while you are going to school. Instead using energy thinking about this bf or your ex put that towards school and raising your daughter.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't think you should be concentrating on men. I think if you love this school and really feel it is where you should be for a better life for you and your child, then go...study, concentrate on building a life for you and your daughter...the rest God will take care of. We are not supposed to know everything...it is called faith for a reason. Worry is the opposite of faith. Lay this man thing at the Lord's feet and do your best to build a happy life...then a man will just be an added bonus if it happens. Don't let men be a part of the equasion...they are not what is important in this situation.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i think you're going b/c of your ex.

its why i would go, whether i said i was going for him or not
    RunMum81

Answer by RunMum81 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I would focus on you more. You barely said anything about you. Do what you want with your life. Go to the school you want to. Worship at the church you want to. Go to the places that you want to. Live in the town that you want to. Whoever is there is who you are meant to be around.

Just ask God to put the right decisions on your heart. Dont think "Oh, he is there so I want to go there." ask yourself what you personally like and dislike about the school and area and what it will do for you as an individual.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2010