Can I sue my grandmother for?

First, I know I am probably going to hate mail about even thinking of making a lawsuit against my grandmother. I don't want to hear it. She is the kind of woman who disowned MY daughter (she's 2) because of something she claims I did. (Said I stole $30 from her, because a purchase for me was unable to be returned by me since she used her credit card. I wasn't authorized for them to reimburse her card. Long story.)

Point is, she's never been a goodhearted woman, and when I was about 2 or 3 years old, my parents took me to visit her. She had an outbreak currently of cold sores. Well, I was allowed to run around and before my parents could stop her, she kissed me right on the mouth like how little kids make cute kissy faces!

So since I've been 3 years old, I have been getting them at least twice a year. I know it is a form of herpes, which is an std, so can I sue her for knowingly (open sore WHILE SHE KISSED ME) giving me this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Health

• No, I'm sorry but I don't think you can.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not now, most likely. It's probably been too long, any there's not proof that she was the one that caused it. I feel for you, though.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Doubt it, since it was so long ago. That sucks tho :(
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• You can sue anyone for anything. Best thing you can do is take it up with a legal professional.
    HCBallek

Answer by HCBallek at 11:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Probably right after it happened, if you had proof that it was her that caused it but it's been too long for you to do anything about it.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i doubt it. you would probably have contracted it anyway. i dont know anyone who doesnt ever get them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• You have no physcial proof that your grandma gave you the virus. All the judge would have to go by is what you are telling him happened, which since you were only 3, isn't even YOUR version of the story. You wouldn't win...nor do I think its worth the trouble and money it would cost to go through the process.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Probably not....there's really no way you could prove it.
    Do you think it could just be hereditary????
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Jennifer...I have never had a cold sore in my entire life.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Please don't sue your grandmother. If she is really that bad, then I would just stop having contact with her. As far as a law suit, all she would have to do is claim that she was not aware that the cold sores were contagious, and she would get off. You would just end up wasting money on legal fees, and sever any type of relationship you may want to try and repair in the future.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010