Are you opposed to healthcare reform or just opposed to Obama's plan for healthcare reform?

jessflynn

Asked by jessflynn at 11:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not opposed to it for either reasons. I want to see how it plays out and how effective it is before being too critical or giving it too much praise.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Totally for insurance reform, not supportive of the plan that was passed. Hc costs are out of control and our current system is not viable, but there were other things that could have been done rather what was recently passed.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• There are a lot of different treatments for cancer. Chemo is only one of them, and the side effects can be worse than the actual cancer! I don't know that I would choose it, either.

I am opposed to the bill that was passed, the one that Obama supported. I would be happier if we just did away with health insurance altogether, and let the patient and doctor decide the payment and the treatment. I don't drink, why should I pay for rehab treatment. I cannot have any more babies, why should I have to pay for pre-natal and maternity care? Why should any man have to pay for these services?

In my opinion there was nothing at all wrong with our health care system, the problem was with the insurance industry, and with the trial lawyers. How many of you mamas would sue your OB because you got stretch marks? Things like that need to be changed. And what we got is a farce instead of real change for the better.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Not opposed to healthcare reform but am EXTREMELY opposed to Obama's health care reform.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I am in favor of the Gov getting OUT of healthcare so the market can adjust to where it should be.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I personally am no opposed to either
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'm not opposed to either one.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I feel that there are too many people without Health Care and I want them to have some kind of care.\
    If you don't have good health, you have nothing. I do think that the Health Care plan needs more work but it IS better than nothing.
    They need to pass something.
    I am not just automatically against "Obama's plan"....don't know WHY people call it that. There were many people working on it you know.But I see "Obama's health care plan" posted all the time and it irks me. Silly.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't want to HAVE to have health insurance. I do not want to pay for other peoples useless treatments. I know that I would never do Chemotherapy and such if I had cancer because of the things I have seen at work. Why should I have to pay for treatments that other people want? So much money is wasted on trying to treat people who shouldn't be treated. Ok that was my rant.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I agree jessfly. The only people that should be deciding on care and reimbursements are the affected patient, their practioner andthe pt's healthcare advocate if they are no longer able. I am all for the right to die with dignity and compassion, and even saw my FIL through to his passing this past Sunday with at home Hospice care, but that comment was harsh.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010