could this mean im close to holding my little girl

im almost 39 weeks i went to the dr's today and im at 2 cm and im still around 60% effaced and they did a ultrasound and they had a hard time finding her head cause shes so low but i been having cramps sents then pain in my lower back and sides does this mean labor is coming soon

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• pretty close :) I recommend walking! Gravity will work well if her head is that far down and you're getting cramps.

best of luck!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• there is no way to tell if labor is coming soon until you actually go into labor. i thought for sure i was in labor at 37 weeks but it was just cramps and contractions and he didn't come out until 41 weeks. didn't mean to be discouraging, just take these last few moments to rest up, i wish i would have cuz i had no idea how tired i would be once the baby arrived.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I thought I was in labor the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy lol I was 1cm for about a month then made it to 2 which I was only at 2 for about a week then I was induced. I had a lot of what they say was braxton hicks contractions but they sure felt like the real thing they were so bad I couldn't catch my breath but then after an hour or so they would stop and come back later. I had pain in my back as well which turned out to be nothing. When I went to the hospital the night before my daughter was born I had a lot of discharge which may have been my mucus plug and I was having contractions and they made me walk the halls of the hospital so thats what I would recommend as well. You could be having back labor so if you're worried about it you could always call ur doc or go to the hospital. Good luck hope you get to see your baby soon. :)
    Nattiesmom10

Answer by Nattiesmom10 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2010