I am 26 weeks pregnant my baby is usually very active and today is not moving that much ????

I am 26 weeks pregnant and my baby is very active I will say too active and today it had been very slow and just a few times do I have to worry??

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As long as you're still feeling the baby move, everything should be fine.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Have you tried rubbing your abdomen? I would contact the ob/gyn and ask him/her. He should know your health history and the situation with your baby better than anyone. I used to work for an ob/gyn, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 11:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Completely agree with joysings. Nine times out of ten the situation you're worrying about is absolutely fine but no question is too silly, always just ask. Puts your mind at ease and lets you get on with your day. :)

As long as they're still moving it sounds fine but check to be sure.

Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• if you sit down and rest and relax, the baby should start up moving again. if s/he doesn't, don't panic. probablyjust taking a breather. as long as there is some movement, the baby is still alive and well
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I should have added to my post that I am 24 weeks pregnant with a very active little girl...so active it freaks me out sometimes. lol There have been 2-3 days now that she has scared me because of her lack of movement. She still moves on those days, just very little. I swear I think these actives little ones take those day to catch up on sleep.

Obviously though, if you are worried, call your doc or midwife. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• call the obgyn and ask.. wouldnt hurt. I did and they just told me that as I get closer to the due date they start haven less room to kick around in so they just tend to settle down a bit. the fetus is actually more acive at 16 weeks than it is at 26 weeks =)
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 11:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Do you normally have alot of caffeine? I drank alot of iced coffee when I was pregnant and on the occasional day I didnt the baby was less active. Wish you the best.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 12:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• at this stage, baby is establishing sleep patterns, so you'll have a day or two of constant movement, and another day of total silence. it's all good. my baby was off and on, and we're thirty eight weeks on monday. she's doin great. your baby needs lots of sleep, that's probably all she's doing. if he's still not moving after a day or two, then i would call the doc. but i've heard that a miscarriage in the second tri is the rarest of all, so it's probably just him sleeping. bring it up at your next doc appt.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 4:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010