Anyone own their own business?

What's your business? Does it allow you to be home with your kids more often than not?

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband and I own a gift basket business. Most people assume we work for LaBella Baskets, but we don't. We're not a direct sales company or a franchise. We own our own company, and yes I work from home.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I am in the process of opening up my own business. It is taking a bit longer to do it than I had planned, but I hope to open up in the Fall about a month before Thanksgiving. My business is an errand service business and when I first start out I will still have to work my full time job but I am hoping to be able to eventually quit my job. Once I can do that then yes, it will give me more time with my family.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I am co-owner with my husband. I still work outside the house, because we have a recording studio and he's the one who knows how to do it! He also teaches martial arts, so he is the one who stays home with our daughter, it's nice being able to have one of her parents with her all the time, and only having to get a babysitter when we want to go out, even if I'm not the one who gets to be home :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 12:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I work from home and I love it! I have the best of both worlds!!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. We work our schedules around our daughter.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I work from home, some weeks are busier than others, but for the most part I am home and can raise my children.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I work from home and love it!!! I get to be home with my kids and make my schedule around theirs!
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 8:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010