Do you let your kids run in the house?

I have a just turned 3 year old and it never occured to me to not allow he to run in the house. We don't have much of a yard so I don't see her getting that much physical activity elsewhere on a regular basis. What are the rules in your house? Is it outlandish that I allow her to run if she feels like it? I just don't see the harm.

Isaidit

Asked by Isaidit at 11:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have downstairs neighbors, so no running or jumping in the house.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Providing it's not by anything dangerous I let my children run. Children will be children... and I want them as active as possible!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No running in the house! =)
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My kids can run....but they don't really run at all.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't allow them to run in the house. I don't want anything broken, be it a household item or a bone. Not to mention I don't like that level of physical activity indoors. It's something they can do outside.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• nope - too much crap he could run into and he's too clumsy and could hurt himself
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• DD is pretty active inside. It's never been an issue. I have stuff arranged with her safety in mind. Plus we have bumper dogs :p
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Oh no...NO RUNNING!!!!!
    trishbattle

Answer by trishbattle at 11:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My daughter turned 2 today and she runs in the house. Her run is not exactly coordinated either which makes it hilarious to watch. I had never really thought about it. I don't however let her play on the stairs.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Nope. My3 yr old was running in the house, tripped & went flying across the living room. She landed with her forehead hitting one of the metal pull handles on the coffee table & ended up with a humongous goose egg on her head & two black eyes.. It was right after that actress died from a head injury from falling while skiing, so we ran her to the emerg room. They are not allowed to run anywhere in the house.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010