What is a surefire way to rid your baby of cradle cap?

I've had 2 babies and they both had TERRIBLE cradle cap. I tried everything! Selsun Blue, otc washes and creams, olive oil and baby oil. I don't believe in a lot of chemicals, so what to do? It took my son almost a year to get rid of it and my daughter OMG! It took her a year and a half. When it finally came out of my son's hair his hair came with it. My son was born bald as can be and my daughter had light peach fuzz. They are both very fair and sensitive skinned and have fine fair. No longer babies, but I want to be prepared for my next baby!

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 11:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make a paste of baking soda and put it on your baby's scalp. Use a soft brush to massage it and then run a comb through and rinse. It got rid of my DD's in one use and it never came back.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 11:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My daughter had really bad cradle cap. Everything people suggested and I tried didn't work. Finally at a doctors visit he said put baby oil on her head, and a hat on top... let it sit for a while, like her sweat alomst, then comb it out. She lost all her hair because it falls out with the cradle cap but it worked for her! Good luck.
    Cafe Chastity

Answer by Cafe Chastity at 11:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My son's doctor recommended Baby Phisoderm. It got rid of it and it didn't come back.
    missmarla1

Answer by missmarla1 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• DO not condition or use things that add moisture or oil, cradle cap is oily flakes that need to be dried to come off. The paste with a toothbrush is good advice.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i agree with cafe chastity. our ped. told us to put on the baby oil and a hat while our ds sleeps then wash it out in the morning. it worked like a charm!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i used vegetable oil on my daughters head and it worked really well.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I tried everything and fought it form months. One day a single father said oh use vegetable oil. So i did and after 3 washed with it, it was gone. And hasnt been back :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I used a special shampoo that I can't remember the name to.
    But I would also use the soft baby brushes and whenever I gave my babies a bath, I would gently scrub it with the brush.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 12:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I used Olive oil and a hat overnight... Its rough getting the oil out of the hair but it worked.
    Sunshine201

Answer by Sunshine201 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• this has worked for me: gently scrubbing w/ washcloth at bath time after she/he has been wet & soapy for awhile. after bath, i use a comb & gently, gently comb thru the hair & scalp. i follow up with lotion or baby oil gel. seems to work well. i think the key is exfoilating gently.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010