SPECIAL K DIETS!!!!!!!Do they work?????

trishbattle

Asked by trishbattle at 11:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I tried the shakes for a few weeks, and while they are tasty and satisfying, I noticed that I would eat more later in the day when I had those for breakfast and lunch. If I had an equal amount of calories in eggs and turkey bacon with a little low fat cheese it worked much better and I lost more weight.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I did it years ago back when pretty much all they had was the basic cereal. I lost weight, but it was simply because I was eating less - a bowl of cereal for lunch as opposed to a sandwich with sides. Anytime you cut calories you will lose weight (unless you cut them too drastically)

Answer by missanc at 3:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think it's just easier to divide the days worth of calories up into 3 meals with two snack.
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I really don't know. I ate the meal bars and the cereal for about a week, and then I stopped because I needed a change.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 2:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Not sure, I buy the cereal and snack bars, but I don't do the Special K diet. I just eat them bc they are low in fat and calories.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Nope. I ate some until I noticed they had about the same calories and fat as any other cereal. I eat whatever I want now but way smaller portions then I did before and I'm down 9lbs and on day 25 of the shred.
    ArmyGal

Answer by ArmyGal at 5:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i dont know.i enjoy their cereal as a snack
    johnny4ever

Answer by johnny4ever at 7:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It worked for me last year. I was also exercising, and I lost about 7lbs in 2 weeks. I had a bowl in the morning,a big lunch (when I was most active in the day) and then ate cereal for my dinner as well. I didnt eat the K snacks... I had salad or yogurt and fruit or nuts, and I kept it to about 200cal or less. But you have to exercise as well.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I DON'T KNOW ANY DIET THAT WORKS.SORRY CAN'T BE ANY HELP.BUT CAN'T HURT TO TRY.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Special K added many products that might help like their high fiber bars or protein drinks but to say that thier diet will give you all you need.. my answer is no! Actually even the high fiber products do not have as much fiber as Fiber One or Kashi ones. I'm a wellness couch for Herbalife and every time I need to regain my healthy weight, after pregnancies, I try first a balance diet of healthy foods. Even vitamins would not do their jod without proper food intake: proteins, whole grains, fruits and veggies, milk products, water intake. Our shakes can substitude a meal when taken with a fruit and fat free milk or soy milk but the in between snacks ( we do have protein bars) are very very important! So it seems I eat more but I'm just eating better and burning more because I do exercise. Even if its 10 minutes of activity, it is worth! I do use the Special-K abs dvd, it is fun and divided in 10 minutes sessions.
    roxipoet

Answer by roxipoet at 4:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010