Who buys the mans wedding band?

I know I should but how do I do that when I am a full time stay at home mother? I don't even have enough money to buy him a birthday present

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 12:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• He can buy his own ring....nothing says you have to.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The woman buys it traditionally, but in your case, you would buy it together. The two of you mutually decided for you to stay home, which means that you have mutual rights to the money.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• you can get a simple band (either gold or whitegold) at most any retailer. the groom's ring is probably the cheapest thing in the list of wedding expenses. or it can be!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I thought the man was supposed to buy his own ring, mine did.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 12:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well, you'd buy it together.  We went together to pick his out (I never had a band, just the engagement ring) and bought it together.  I technically paid for it on my credit card but since we were already pooling our money together and paying all of our bills (my credit cards included) we both paid for it.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The wife-to-be usually, but if you are getting married, I am assuming your funds will be together, so you will both be buying it...
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• ya we just bought our together with his income. It's no biggie.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We bought it together - but it was his money anyways.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 12:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My husband and I were already living together so we shared our income. We got his ring from wal-mart it was just a simple band and only cost like $40. We didn't have a lot of money at the time either. If you can't afford it though there's nothing wrong with him buying his own.
    Nattiesmom10

Answer by Nattiesmom10 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Usually its the wife to be, but like otherss said, in your case you'd do it together.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2010