Best thing for indigestion??

We had Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner tonight - I have SEVERE indigestion, my tummy hurts SOOO bad. Any ideas on what works to fix this? I am not pregnant by the way.

ChelseySpelsey

Asked by ChelseySpelsey at 12:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• mylanta

Milk is a good option if you can't get to the store or don't have mylanta in the house.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Tums
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Do you have a lot of indigestion or is it just when you eat spicy food? If you have a lot, see a doctor. If it is occasionally, try some Tums or Zantac.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Tums tum tum tum

But you might have to live through it till tomorrow. Sorry. :(
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 12:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• drink a glass of milk
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Not to sound dramatic but if it cont anytime you eat really fatty foods (hence the wings) let your doc know--could be gallbladder.

connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• SO gets it all the time and Zantac helps him a lot.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• baking soda mixed with water. I believe it has the instructions on the side of the box, but if not, I put one table spoon (and by that I mean one we eat with LOL) of baking soda into a small glass of water.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Avoid the spicy food and don't overeat lol. Ok seriously, I used to have to sleep in a full sitting position while pregnant because of this. I know you aren't though. So what I tried was Nestle Strawberry Quick lol which I was craving and it backfired in a BIG way. It caused me to upchuck.I suggest not laying down at all. If you have to sleep, do it in a recliner and don't drink any liquids, it makes it worse. Pepto or Mylanta, but not Tums or Rolaids. THey're pointless when you're severe. Don't eat again anything until all symptoms are gone.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Also if it is consistent, you can try the otc medicine- omeprazole. Works like a charm
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2010