let's share paranormal stories

I just posted about freaking out because a sudden short-lived gust of wnd came out of nowhere a few minutes ago. i'm home alone (ds is asleep, SO is out), outside and I get scared easy lol. I'm kinda in the mood now to read about paranormal encounters! please share! When I was 13 I saw my grandpa as a full body apparition. he died when I was a little over 1. I also encountered a spirit flying through my body in the middle of the night a few years ago. I felt something blow hard in my right ear, I felt a tingle and my left ear popped and made a crackle noise. I googled it the next day and "paranormal" was the only thing that came up. I'm already freaked out by the whole wind thing so I can handle reading your stories lol

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe just Paranoid,lol instead of paranormal?? Sorry, just seems like it because you said you scare easy...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Let's see...where do I begin? I've had a lot of encounters. When I was about 15, I was home alone, with all of the doors locked. I had a full-length mirror in my room, opposite my bedroom door. I was putting on make-up, and saw someone walk slowly past my bedroom door. It looked like a girl. There are times when you think you saw something, and there are times when you KNOW you saw something. I saw someone! I ran to my door, closed it and locked it and called my best friend, panicking. Her and her dad came over, and we searched the house, but of course...no one was there. cont..
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• we lived in a house for a while that was really old. over 100. and there was a gun shot sound every night about the same time (about 1 am) and there was a "cat" that would walk across our counter in the kitchen all night. lights would turn on and off. doors would open and close or even lock by themselves.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Another time was when I was 5. I never realized until years later what I experienced. My Grandma had a friend that died. My mom and Grandma said that she was always a really mean woman.I remember going to this woman's house to get some of her stuff. I remember being really, really scared because I looked under her bed, and there was an old, scary looking woman underneath, waving at me. I told my mom, and we left immediately. I recalled it years later, and asked my mom if she remembered, and she said that it terrified her bc she thought I really saw something. Another time was when I was 4, and we were driving back from Ohio. We hit a deer and it totaled our little Honda. I remember being in the backseat with my Great-Grandma, scared, and she was hugging me and consoling me. I've always remembered it. I was recently talking about it with my family...and they told me that we were on the way home from her funeral. :shiver:
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I believe there is a young boy who is in my home that tries to connect with my children and I. Once I even saw him in my daughter's carseat when I was alone in the car. I have been seeing him for years in the same places in the house.

When I was 12 or 13 there was a horrible plane crash in Detroit, everyone died but one little girl who was saved by her mother's body protecting her. They couldn't find her for hours. I dreamt about the crash and a friend had spent the night. I described the whole thing to her that morning, how a plane was in the street, people were dead all over, smoke and pieces of plane. I said there's only one little girl who made it. We were watching Days of our Lives when they broke in to report the crash. Until then i just thought I'd had a very intense dream. I told my friend it wasn't the same because in my dream there was a little girl. Hours later they reported they found the girl. i had chills.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• woooooooooah creepy! but it was nice she was consoling you! :)
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I swear the house that I grew up in was haunted. Parts of the house were over 150 years old and we would find some cool things in the attic. We once found a ticket stub for a horse race that had "whites only" printed on it. Anyways, I think my room was haunted by a black man. One night I was laying in bed and I heard someone call my name from outside. I peeked through the blinds and saw a black man pass by. Another night, I heard some heavy footsteps in the attic which is right above my room. I thought it was my dad and I called out his name. The footsteps stopped and came back a few minutes later. I went into the living room and my dad was there. He had been no where near the attic. We later learned that the land where the house was built had been used as part of a slave plantation. Very creepy, especially as a child.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Okay, while I'm on a roll, lol...I was born in a small town in Indiana called Terre Haute. We lived way out in the country, on 40 acres of land, in a house that at the time (25 years ago) was 70 years old. We later found out that the landlord's mother had lived and finally died there...in my bedroom. We actually moved, only to see the house in a book of reported hauntings years later. There was a closet in my room that locked from the inside, don't ask me why. Anyways, at times, my mom would go to put clothes away, and it would be locked. She's go back 10 minutes later, and it would open right up. Once, my dad's friend (a grown man) attempted to sleep in my room. We woke up and he was on the couch. he said he heard someone clearing their throat and laughing all night long. I never knew why my parents would never let me sleep in my own room. I tried once and saw a face looking in my window, told my parents, con.t....
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• oooooo these stories are creepy ladies!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• LovingSAHmommy, not to change the subject or anything, but I went to Terre Haute for 2 weeks when I was a teenager. Its a cool little town.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2010