Airplane fear

My husband panics anytime ahe hears an airplane he says that he's afraid it will crash into our house or wherever he is at the time. I dont know what I can do to help him get over this it seems like an odd fear to me. Does anyone else deal with this or no someone who does or is he the only one??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• Do you live near an airport? Just curious, we do. There is a much higher probability of being in a car accident than having a plane hit. He may have a phobia about this and counseling may help, but also maybe just helping him to see the reality of the odds. It might help him to talk to a pilot etc. too.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 3:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have that fear too, I haven't found anyway to get over it but I'll let you know if I do.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• He should ask your family doctor for a referral to a therapist. Something is triggering this irrational fear, and he needs to learn how to handle it.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010