Me time.

I have a 4 month old and I haven't spent more than a few hours away from her since she was born. I really feel like I need a day to myself but I feel guilty if I leave her. I feel like I should spend more time with her. Also my husband wants time for me and him and I just don't know where I will find the time just to relax. Anyone else have this problem??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• yeah, i think we all have that problem. but you definatly shouldnt feel guilty for needing some time for yourself. you do NEED time for yourself. its good for you. and its also good for your relationship to have time for just you and your husband. is your mother around? my mother is a great help and i trust her completley so she watches my son atleast one day a week so i can have some me time, and so that me and my SO can have a date night. she stops by almost every night too just because she loves my son so much she cant go a day without seeing him, lol, and she knows its nice for me to have some help especially since my SO works overnight and sleeps in the day and isnt really around to help me with our son.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• girl, you are crazy... me? twin new borns... and I require 2 hours a day 7 days a week to myself to hit up the gym and tan. I need to otherwise nobody would want to be around me... I couldnt imagine not haven a single day of me time in 4 months... kudos for keeping your cool
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 12:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Don't feel guilty.
    In April, I finally went away for a girls 4 day weekend and I came back a much better mom.
    Me time doesn't just benefit you, it benefits the kids.
    Take the time. The baby is still very young she won't notice.
    Distance makes the heart grow fonder, right?
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 12:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• At four months, the balancing act is shaky at best. You need to ask for help and get some. It's ok.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2010