i'm having lots of braxton hicks

but they aren't painful, it's just that weird tightening and hardening of my belly, not painful and my babies head is down and has been down for a couple weeks, i'm also nesting, i've been cleaning and organizing like crazy. i'm 38 weeks tmrw, think i'll go into labor soon? like within a few days? i really want my daughter out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Braxton-Hicks are a normal part of pregnancy. I'm 24 weeks and having them.

I'm sure you won't be much longer, but it may not be just a few days away. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• BH are not a sign of labor, sorry :( but at 38 weeks you don't have long left!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had a lot of braxton hicks with both of my kids- with my first I started timing them and went in- I was sent home... my water broke 3 days later! He came one week early, baby no. 2 was 2 1/2 weeks early. Good luck- Congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had those starting at like 20 weeks with my daughter. She was head down too, at like 36 weeks. The dr even told me that she would be coming any day at 38 weeks, I was 1cm dialated and partially efaced. I did everything under the sun to get her to come out. She was worn at 41 weeks to the day lol. About 6 hours of labor once the contractions were 1 minute apart. She was my second born. A bit of advice if its your first, wait until you absolutely can't stand it anymore to go to the hospital unless you're high risk because let me tell you, once you arrive at the hospital, you're going to get tired quickly of people telling you what you can eat(ice chips) and drink(nothing), giving you a pelvic exam like every 30 minutes, displaying your privates like a Thanksgiving turkey centerpiece, and giving you the impression that the baby is in danger every time its hearrate declines slightly with a contraction(completely normal btw)
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i think you are just getting ready for when the baby comes and the belly tightening is pretty norm for so far in
    sophiesthepreg

Answer by sophiesthepreg at 4:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010