Have you ever had a cortisone shot...

I have a severe heel spur which led to a stress fracture, so my Dr. suggested I get a cortisone shot in the inner side of my heel. OMGosh!! It was the most intense pain I think I've ever experienced!! I had 2 of my babies totally natural & I don't think that hurt as much as the shot! Now, I'm in a cast for 6-8 weeks & she said it's gonna take longer to heal without another shot. I have passed on it twice cuz I just can't get myself to take another one, so I'm on a pill form of medication that will accomplish the same thing as the shot. It'll just take longer.
Have you ever had a cortisone shot? If so, where did you get it? & did you think it was painful?

ghostwriter777

Asked by ghostwriter777 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• Hubby recently had one in his shoulder and he nearly passed out from the pain. I had a shot (not cortisone) in my heel last year and it took me by complete surprise as to how much it hurt. The doc said it was because there are a lot of nerve endings in the foot. YOWZA!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well, they want to give them to me for asthma at season change, but I've said no so far because of the breast feeding.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• When I was in high school in a ganglion cyst in my wrist...the WORST pain besides delivering my son... I don't think I could do it again if they asked me. It took my mom, two nurses and the doctor to get it done. They were holding me down and I was screaming the entire time, it felt like it took forever to get the medicine all in and it hurt for days after
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have had them in the knees and yes they were worse then the natural delivery of 2 of my kids....but you know what the pain goes away for a very long time..it is worth the ordeal, IMO
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had several times. I have RA in my feet and have had them injected into the joints of my toes. I also have a bursitis in my hip and have had them there........I swear everytime I get them I never will again lol. But if you can get past the shot and the initial first day of increased pain.........its smooth sailing after that.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i get them in my hips, knees, back, ankles and wrists every 8 - 10 wks. my doc has never caused me any pain getting them. they help a lot.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have had several cortisone shots in various places. If you think that hurt, try them in your hip. I have had them in my foot for the same reason, but no type of boot cast, etc. and I didn't stay on medication. Guess it is just your doctor. Mine helped just as it was. What really hurt was the procedure to fix a hangnail and keep it from coming in that way again. That WAS the most painful thing I have ever had.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 1:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My heel actually got worse the day after my shot! Maybe that's why I'm not interested in getting another. Maybe if it had helped more, I'd be willing to put on my big girl panties & get another. LOL I'm just too big of a baby!
    ghostwriter777

Comment by ghostwriter777 (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2010