How did you meet?

How did you meet your SO? I met my dh through a friend of his that I met online. I called one day for his roommate and my dh answered. I asked for the other guy and he said "he's not here but I can talk." At that point, I was just talking to the other guy, but after that, I only called for my dh and the rest is history...

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Holiday romance which became a long distance relationship.  I lived in Canada and met him while visiting family in the UK, 10 months later I was on a plane to England with a one-way ticket in my hand.   We have been married 22 years today.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• High school
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We both played ice hockey and he was having a party at his place with a bunch of guys from his team... a friend of mine had a crush on one of the guys that invited us so we went to the party and I met DH :) We stayed up talking to each other till like 6am and then we both called the mutual friend for each other's numbers the next day.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• LOL well its kinds stupid, but we met on a party line, I was on there with my sister goofing off, i had never heard of a party line b4, and well he left me a message bc he was drawn to my voice, and we talked for over a month b4 meeting and since then we havent been apart!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• kind of funny story really. A guy I knew from school walked up to me one morning in a gas station and asked me if he could hook me up with his friend. I said sure I will give it a shot. He told me the guy was pretty shy so I would have to befriend him on my space. So I said what the heck and i did. we talked for a while on my space. Then we started txting back and fourth.I had met in person once with the friend that hooked us up. one day i txted him it is kinda hard to get to know someone when you dont see them in person. so he came over and he started coming over more often. Then I had planted a kiss on him and his been mine since.
    nurdreams

Answer by nurdreams at 1:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We actually worked together - he was one of the drivers and I worked in the office. We would sit and talk to each other when he got done with his route.....and well the rest is history. : 0 )
    scarlett0720

Answer by scarlett0720 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We worked together at hometown buffet when i was 16. He was a cook and i worked at the cash register. Been together ever since and now im 20 and we have been married for over a yr<3
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• at a club....
    urban_baybee

Answer by urban_baybee at 2:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I met my hubby at a club, nither of us wanted to go that night but our friends dragged us with them and we started dancing and that was that.:)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I met my ex through my cousin; basically he and my cousin were friends when they were growing up and briefly dated from my understanding but as adults they didn't click and well he asked me out. I had no idea he had any interest in me (especially since I had just broken up with his brother after 5 or 6 weeks of dating). His brother encouraged me to go out with him and I did. We got married and had two kids. We're divorcing now but still I figured I'd share since it's a somewhat interest story.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2010