Stoping period if pregnant?

K Me and my b/f have been having sex while I have been on my period but its not a normal one because I have recently got off the depo so Iv been on it for like 10 days so anyways I was just wondering if I am pregnant from having sex would I stop my period ?

Ashley162

Asked by Ashley162 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not always, I had my period till I was six months pregnant with my first child.
    HollieMidgette

Answer by HollieMidgette at 1:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I believe although it is possible for your to get pregnant while on your period, it's not very likely. I'm not sure about your period stopping immediately though, sorry. It doesn't seem like it would though.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Say you got pregnant during a period... no your period would not just stop. It can take up to 6 days for implantation. It is rare to ovulate on your period but not unheard of. You can easily ovulate the day your period stops and because sperm can live 3-5 days makes a good chance to get pregnant. Also because you just got off of depo you can hyperovulate meaning your ovaries kick into over drive and you can 1 release several eggs at once or 2 ovulate more than once in a cycle.

So, IF you are trying to avoid pregnancy using BC is best. There are many free clinics that give 6 month supplies of pills and free condoms. Just remember if you have unprotected sex doesn't matter when you CAN get pregnant. Be safe and smart.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2010