How to get brown hair dye out of clothing?

I dyed my hair and it spattered on my pants, help?

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have never been able to get hair dye out of clothing, sorry!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• the second you get the dye on the cloths you have to scrub it out, it's the only way to make sure it doesn't stain. it changes the color of your cloths permanently just like it changes the color of your hair
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• what PP's Said above.. there really isn't anything else you can do from there. Just take it as a lesson learned.. never color your hair while wearing good clothes, always swap for some old junk clothes you don't care about. I have a pair stashed away for when I color my hair.. as well as a towel.

As far as when i was in school for it.. well, I just went through a few different white shirts, and black pants, and aprons, etc. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• For skin stains, you can try color off, but it's never worked for clothing for me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• You can try to use Rit dye remover. It may not do anything. You could always end up embellishing your pants with designs, etc., you know kind of like Project Runway, etc.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 4:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2010