Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Be Honest. Do you like your MIL?

Because I don't. She tries her best to make life hell for SO and I. I've decided to let SO do all the dealing with her he wants, but I want nothing to do with her. I am with him not him and his Mom. Just wondering if anyone actually gets along with MIL?

 
BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

Level 20 (9,173 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • I have the MIL from hell, but it's obvious she has lots of company. I have learned much from her - how not to be.
    mpeada

    Answer by mpeada at 9:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • I don't, but its really that she doesn't get along with me. I tried pretty hard to be nice to her and she didn't play nice. My husband was already on the outs with her majorly, so she's been written out of our lives. Its perfectly ok with us too. I let her know quite bluntly that my kids didn't need her and she was fine with that. Don't worry yourself over something like that. Most MILs are really mad at DILs because they've "replaced" their son's woman in his life.
    SweetLoveofMine

    Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • I don't know her.
    Erin814

    Answer by Erin814 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • yes, very much
    lovinangels

    Answer by lovinangels at 1:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • lol i dont either i used to but little by little she would critisize my kids and now i cant stand her !
    mommyof2chasmin

    Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 1:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • I have to say I have the best MIL ever. She is really sweet and does what she can to help. Most 98% of the time she is on my side when me and the hubby are in disagreement. The other 2% she tells us she is staying out of it lol.
    nurdreams

    Answer by nurdreams at 2:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • I can only speak in a past tense now that I'm divorced but I never fought with my ex-husband's mom - but I didn't particularly like her. She's schizophrenic and has a long list of OCD. She was never on the right balance of meds when my ex and his little brothers were growing up and because of that they had a really crappy childhood and I just never trusted her alone with my girls. She thoroughly screwed up her kids and nearly killed my ex when he was young. Even now I don't want her watching my kids unless my ex's dad is home; luckily my ex's girlfriend feels the same as I do with their own daughter so I don't have to worry about my ex-MIL being alone with mine.

    momof2inCT2007

    Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • nope not at all anymore. i did and i even would ask my then boyfriend if we could go visit her and then we got married and she expected a lot from me and put a lot of pressure on me and our marriage to keep their family together and i don't think that's my job and every time i would give her a little bit she wanted ALL of my time. so i'm over it
    pmg1030

    Answer by pmg1030 at 4:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • No.Never have and never will.But that's just me.My daughters are free to see Grandma as often as they like.Just because I don't like her,it doesn't mean I influence their opinion.
    MyrMar

    Answer by MyrMar at 5:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • I loved my MIL.  She welcomed me into the family with open arms and always treated me like one of her own.  Sadly she passed away in April and I miss her very much.

    beeky

    Answer by beeky at 6:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2010