Does anyone still have a period that use an IUD?

I have an IUD and I have had it since December. I haven't had a period at all, but today it seems I have one. My back has been crampy but that is it. I was actually use to not having one anymore, hahaha. Just wanted to know if anyone else still has a period or not.

Sarah2116

Asked by Sarah2116 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• I have had the paraguard copper IUD for about 10 months now and I have gotten my period every month just like I always did. I wish I didn't get it...lol. I'll give you mine if you want it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I will go months without one and then have a light one. Feel for your strings to make sure you still have it in. If you can feel them, then don't worry. When ever I get a period now I worry the damn thing has fallen out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well it was so weird, because a couple of nights ago I had some horrible back pain, it just was so bad. Then last night I was fine, but today it just feels uncomfortable. The stings are still there. I wonder if I should take a pg test. I know of some women who have gotten pregnant while on a IUD. Its just crazy I guess.
    Sarah2116

Comment by Sarah2116 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Take a test! I test every few months just to be sure.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have had a Mirena for a little over three years now. I guess my body just works differently. I usually have like a really light period for about 2 days every month. Then every 3 to 4 months I will have one heavier seven day period. Don't quite understand it, but my body has gotten use to it. If I was you I would just take a test, better to be safe and know then to be unaware. Good Luck dear, hope it all works out fine for you.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2010