Babies, Milk and Potty Training..

My boy is 15 months and my family is telling me I could take him off his bottle this early? is he even old enough to not have it? he seems happy with it and I only give it to him at bedtime or if its a little late with dinner. And they are saying potty training would be good right now too. really?? I want him to be my baby still. lol. does he need to grow up so fast?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 2:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most kids should be off the bottle by the age of 1. He is definitely old enough for a sippy cup! You will have to ask them about potty training. Personally, I think it's too early but if he is showing signs of readiness you could try. I don't think it's about rushing them to grow up, but allowing them to do it at their own pace.

Answer by missanc at 3:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think that it is your child and if you feel that they are ready to do certain things then that is when it should be done. Although they do need to grow up mommy :). But don't rush things if you both aren't ready. Good luck!
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 2:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I would transition him to a sippy cup with water; unless you are breastfeeding, milk is unnecessary.

You will know when you son is ready for toilet-training.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010