Home Owners...

When you got the keys to your house after you closed escrow did you clean the house, hire someone to clean it, or moved right in?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 2:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• we cleaned it ourselves and paid to have the carpets cleaned
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 2:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The previous owners had a cleaning crew come in so i didnt have as much to do as i had in previous houses, even my realtor said it was one of the cleanest houses she had ever sold. I did clean but it wasnt a monumental task like some of the other houses we lokked at would have been.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We moved right in. I wanted to clean first, but we had to move in when we did because my husband couldn't get off work later. I did clean around the boxes though before we unpacked.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We took a month to redo alot of the house, clean, paint, etc. because it was pretty hideous when we bought it but we saw potential in it.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 3:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• They had it deep cleaned professionally the day before we moved in, so we just moved right in. Otherwise I would have just cleaned it myself.
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 3:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• we moved right in the house had been empty for awhile but they also had it cleaned before we moved in so nothing really needed to be done.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The house had been empty for several months, and had a mouse problem. We hired a cleaning crew, had the floors professionally refinished, brought in an exterminator, painted all of the rooms ourselves, cleaned ourselves, then moved in (this all took one month).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Cleaned it ourselves and had the carpets professionally cleaned.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Moved right in and my next one I will have built.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• paid a friend to do a thorough cleaning (she offered)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2010