Who was in the wrong??? tonight we fed my 11 month old daughter at 8:00 tonight but she more so threw her food around and now here it was 1:30 and she was hungry so i fed her some of whats in the fridge and my m-i-l said omg ur feeding her at 2 am way to fucking go....was i in the wrong to say i know how to take care of my baby better than anyone else here?now she said we have to move out....what wld u have said?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no way! you are in charge of how to raise your daughter! if my dd wakes up hungry i feed her. nothing bad for her, something healthy. there is absolutely nothing wrong with feeding a hungry child! expecially at that age!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i would have told my MIL to mind her own business. at 11 months old they are growing and if they are hungry you feed them. ITs not as if you are dealing with an 11 y/o who refused to eat dinner then decided they wanted to eat in the middle of the night, even if it had been i would have fed the 11 y/o but it would have been something of my choosing with a stern talk about why we eat at dinnertime.

At 11 months feeding whent hey are hungry is completely the right thing to do.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• if it would have been me I would have told my MIL to kiss my fanny my child Ill fed her when shes hungry.. So BITE ME!!!!
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 3:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Sweets I'm w you! It is your child! You don't want them to go hungry, mil is rediculous. I had problems w my parents being the "boss" when I lived w them and now that we don't live w them it's much better. Parents always think they are right therefore if you are living under your parents or inlaws roof then chances are they are always going to think they can do it better. my advice try and get out on your own or even w non inlaw roommates. Keep taking care of your child don't let anyone tell you that you are doing a bad job. good luck
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I lived with my Mother in law close to 4 yrs Its been a year and 7 months since i been on my own Best choice i ever made ur mil shouldnt be talking to you badly about ur parenting what does she expect u to leave ur innocent baby to starv you are better off going some place else even if u have no way of getting ur own place there are a lot of government assitance that can help there is no shame in getting a little bit of help especially if you need it. good luck just know u have options u dont need to take any abuse from anyone
    ChellaWella

Answer by ChellaWella at 3:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Do you have the money to move out on your own? Yes, it's your child and you should be able to make the parenting decisions, but you're living under someone else's roof. If you can't afford to move out, you may have to just suck it up and apologize to your MIL in order to provide for your child. (Not saying you should let her make the decisions, but there are times we should just keep our mouths shut in order to keep peace)

Answer by missanc at 3:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I would have said watch your mouth lady, and let her know we were going to be moving out. Who would want to be around that anyway? How rude! Whats worse feeding the baby even though she should have eaten it earlier, or teaching it early how to have no morals or class. I'm with you on this one. Nither you ar the baby need to be around that, I'd happily go. Rather live in a tent, lol.
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 3:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• wow sounds like your mother in law can't handle the fact that you really do know how to take care of your child. She sounds like shes over possesive and like she always needs to be right. no your not in the wrong, shes in the wrong for being a bitch and kicking you guys out for something like that. Thats bullshit. Honestly, I would have done the same thing, sometimes kids wake up because they are hungry and if your baby didn't eat enough and she was hungry, yes obviously you'd wanna feed her! I would never deprive my kids from food, Your mother in law can go suck it and lick it.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• She likes to be in charge! That's all it comes down to. You did the right thing. You feed your baby when she is hungry. Her tummy is more important then MIL prune pit ( what is suposed to be her heart)
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 5:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• She is your child. You do whatever you have to do for your child. She will eventually respect you for this. An idea maybe feed her less at a time. I give my son mini meals all day. His little tummy cant handle alot of food at a time. He stops eating when he is full. Then he may get hungry again, I feed him as much fruit as he wants all day in between meals. Well, he is a boy and eat like a little teenage boy.(He is very tall) Every mom does/did something some one else doesnt like.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 5:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2010