where's the best & cheapest place to buy books? plus other questions

I am really getting into buying books now for some reason. Where is the best place to buy books,(used in great condition are fine)? Where is the cheapest books to buy books ( used,in good condition are fine)

I have 15 pages of notebook paper filled with books I #1.need to finish a series I started or #2.books I want to read. 98% are vampire book's. From author's like Anne Rice,PC Cast,L.J Smith and much more.

I would also love for you to post some of your favorite Vampire author's,I'm always looking for some new ones.

Thank you for your help & advice :)

Sherri owner of "The Animal Den"

SherriX2

Asked by SherriX2 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Half Price Books, if you have one near you.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I would definetly recommend Amazon.com they have used books but for cheap and there shippin is almost always the same unless the product is big and or heavy.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Thank you,I  used that site once a few years ago and my used book looked,felt and smelled brand new. I will be buying a lot of books though,but I guess a few from them will work great.

Anyone eles? Also,please don't forget my other questions :)

SherriX2

Comment by SherriX2 (original poster) at 4:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Look for local book traders in your area. A lot of those shops you can get books for cheap!
    mrs3stan

Answer by mrs3stan at 4:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• also check out your local thrift stores, like goodwill. I've found great books at goodwill. also keep an eye out for your next local library sale.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• 1. Freecycle - a Yahoo group for recycling items for FREE. You can join the group through Yahoo, most cities have one. You offer things and you get to post a wanted. Most all the time there are free books listed on there as an offer. BTW, the products can be left on the porch and be picked up so no security risk.

2. Depending on where you live, Half Price Books.

3. Amazon, there are used book dealers offering mostly the same books as you would get for new. You look at the list of used books and select the person to get it from. You can get some for really cheap.

4. Goodwill, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity stores often have books.

5. Library book sales to raise funds for the library.

7. E-Books, the reader does cost but it ends up saving a lot of money if you love books. There are free books as well as discounted books.

8. Friends and family - swap them.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 3:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I forgot one thing. You can download e-book programs from Barnes & Nobles, etc. to your computer and you can read the e-books on there instead of having to buy a Nook or Kindle.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 11:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• www.paperbackswap.com

It's free, all you pay is shipping on the books you send out. Makes each book usually less than $2.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• half.com
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 4:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Our local thrift shop sells used books 12 for $1.00. I get most of ours there. I completely relate to your book collecting hobby. We have enough books to start a small library now and I gave away almost half of what I had with our last move. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2010