Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I need Legal advice.....I live in California

I recently bought a car from a used car dealership. I had seen it advertised for 2,497. I contacted them and they were very nice they said that the car was also registered till 2011. Which was something I really wanted. The guy was very nice he picked me up and took me to the bank to cash my check so I can purchase the car. The car then had a sign that said 2697 but I thought that was already including tax, then he told me that I'd have to pay to get it registered till 2011 since it was gonna expire in oct. I ended up paying 3,100. When I was signing the contract he asked me just to sign since it was alot and said if I had any questions to call him...once I got home I realized he charged me 2697+tax and he charged me for the smog, the radio in the car isn't working the ABS light is on and then he told me that there was something wrong with the light switch. He told me that today after I bought the car. What can I do?

Answer Question

Asked by babyangelromero at 3:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 17 (4,048 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Contact the state's attorney's office.

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • Contact your state consumer protection agency and/or state attorney general office. Ask a lot of questions so you get to the right help

    Answer by elizabr at 7:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • Contact your local bar association and ask about pro bono legal services - that is no charge.

    Answer by joysings at 4:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.