Ummm is it true that when you get your husband

A vasectomy........he had it .....2009 i wanna say oct or earlier dec, he said he was cut burnt and tied and they put a piece of skin on the tube and burnt that together,

now, they say it fails after 1-2 years .....i am not prego but my question is....is there honestly a risk that later in life he can get me pregnant????????

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 3:39 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• baby number 5 was a postvasectomy baby for us so I can atest to it not always being effective.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Normally they remove part of the tube and cauterize the ends or fold them under so they heal that way. My husband said they cut off about two inches of his vas deferens. So far he's been shooting blanks, but aside from neutering him or having a hysterectomy yourself, nothing is going to be 100% effective. He had his in Jan 2008. He gets tested every six months to a year "just in case".
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• there are cases of "spontaneous reversals" but they aren't common, maybe 1 in 100,000 or something like that. i would ask your doctor about it.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 8:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Never heard that before, I always asumed it was permenant. I know a lady though that got pregnant with her first boy after having her tubes tied and burnt, but that might have been because she was praying for one.
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 3:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well it can happen but I think it's pretty rare.  My dad had a vasectomy like 30 years ago...my parents never had any more kids after my brother.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• NOt sure but good luck
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 4:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yes i know...but see....his first test came back okay i will have to make an apt for him asap.!

TMI but...its thicker than usual as why i am asking smells like the same as when he wasn't clipped ...

i have been skimming around the net and the chances are actually high.
    LexsiesMommy

Comment by LexsiesMommy (original poster) at 5:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2010