Depo Shot??????

So i was on the depo shot for 2yrs. I was wondering if any other women has problems conceiving after going off the shot? Or how long did it take to get your regular cycle back or become pregnant.
We have been trying sense Oct 09 to have another baby and no luck yet.
Just would like to hear other stories
Thanks

comommy00

Asked by comommy00 at 3:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I got pregnant with my twins 4 months after getting off the depo shot....and then I also got pregnant with one of my kids on the depo shot. Usually though they say it takes about a year....supposedly.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I only got the shot once and bled for 3 months straight when I was a teen. It messed me up cycle wize for a while, maybe 6 mo?But we are on # 4 now so it didn't mess with my fertility. Hope you get prego soon! Babies are so awesome! This whole time waiting can be a wonderful story to your new little one when they get bigger of how much they were wanted, and how much of a blessing they have become. Good luck & God Bless!
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 3:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i was on the depo for about 4 years, stopped using it for 6 months, next thing i new my ds was on the way.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Thank you for you stories.... i am hoping that soon we do become pregnant :-)
    comommy00

Comment by comommy00 (original poster) at 4:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i was on it for 4 yrs...quit taking it last june. didnt have my period for the entire year..had to see my OB to take some medicine to get my period started and have just now started getting my periods back. So we are now "really trying"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yea i am thinking that if i dont get my period by october i will go to the doc and see if i can something to help get it started again. we dont want a big age gap between our kids and its now coming down to 3 yrs and by time i get pregnant it will be close to 4 yrs apart. Just so frustrating.
    comommy00

Comment by comommy00 (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2010