How do deal with constant nose bleeds due to heat?

My son has been having a nose bleed due to the heat and I feel so bad for him. The doctor doesn't even help just told me to cool him down which I've been trying different ways, but there's just so much a fan can do and can't afford AC at the moment. Wondering if any moms had to deal with this. What did you do to fix it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• We have a stand fan in step sons room, a fan that is attached to his bed and also a vaporizer. I helps. He use to get them everyday good luck
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 3:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My oldest daughter gets them all the time, all we know to do is treat it. Head forward and lightly pinch the nose. Wish I knew how to prevent them all together. The humidifier sounds like a good idea! I might try that.
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 4:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The nose bleeds are more likely from an exposed vein. Keep his nasal passages moist by using neosporin on a q-tip and a saline spray. A specialist can also weld the vein to prevent more nose bleeds.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2010