• In the Spotlight:

What kind/brand of food do you feed your dogs and/or cats?

What brand of food do you feed your dogs and/or your cats?? I've been SUPER curious about what brands of food other dog and cat owners are feeding their animals, I want to get an idea of what brands are good and what aren't.. Thanks!

ElijahsMom211

Asked by ElijahsMom211 at 4:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pets

• my dogs get Eukanuba Naturally Wild (organic) dry food and Natural Balance food rolls... (I grate a little up over the dry) This is the only food that keeps my Basenji mix from getting the runs.. my lab mix has a cast iron stomach LOL
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I feed my cats Purina Naturals.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Costso brand. Black lab
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 4:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I feed my dogs Purina Benefuls Weight Gain (or whatever the brand is for watching weight gain) but I'm not so sure it is good for them compared to the other kinds.. I've been thinking about the Costco brand. I know my doxie won't care, she'll eat anything, but my heeler/whippet mix tends to be a bit more picky.. So far, the Benefuls is the ONLY brand that she doesn't lose interest in after awhile..

For wet, I use Purina as long as it isn't the stew/gravy type.. It has to be the kind that looks like ground beef bc the heeler/whippet mix gets the runs..
    ElijahsMom211

Comment by ElijahsMom211 (original poster) at 4:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i have to feed my cat purina naturals or other expensive all natural cat food because she's allergic to everything else
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We used to get the $40 a bag stuff because the ingredients were so much healthier than purina and eukanuba. But the costco is the best of both worlds, good ingredients, low price like $12-15 a bag. dogs arn't supposed to eat corn, its not good for them. I don't know why so many pet foods have it in them except to make more money since its a cheep filler. you get what you pay for I guess. Costco backs their products well, If you pickey eater just refuses I bet you could return it. Best of luck!
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 4:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Science Diet, Mature Adult. It's the only food the store here sells for adults over 7
    mrs3stan

Answer by mrs3stan at 4:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Normally ProPlan dry and Fancy Feast wet.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have a Boston Terrier. She eats Kibbles N Bits wet food (she has no teeth). We also have a Lab/Shepherd Mix and she eats store brand dry dog food. We just recently got a kitten and the vet gave us a trial bag of Science Diet. Once that's gone, we'll probably buy store brand dry food for him. We also feed him Friskies and store brand wet food.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have a border collie that has a sensitive stomach - go figure - and he eats Nutro. It's all natural - no corn which is not good for dogs. I had my cat on it as well, but he didn't do well on it so he just eats Purina Kitten Chow and is perfectly happy.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 8:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010