Gay couples having children?

Do you think that gay couples should have children? Many believe that it is ok for them to get married but having children is another story. If they did have children should they be the same gender or opposite gender?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Being gay isn't contagious, so gender doesn't matter. I think they should be allowed to same as anyone else. There are so many unwanted children out there that it seems petty to me to squabble about what their parents are doing in the bedroom.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I know its not popular to believe this right now. But I'd have to go with no. I mean I wouldn't go up to a gay couple and tell them off for adopting, but I dont agree or think its a good life style to be around. However I'd say its better than having them in a straight couples drug/prostitutuion house. I think it would be confusing. kids strongly benefit from having a mom and a dad. Thats how they know how to live and treat their spouse initialy. It's not popular, but its true anyway.
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 6:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm fine with it, people just want to be part of a family. I would hope they are raising their kids in a more "gay friendly" part of the country so the kids have less to deal with.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• As long as they are loving, caring people who provide for the needs of the children, no one should care. I've said this before and I'll say it again. We license people to drive cars, fish and to even have pets, yet we don't have any qualifications to allow them to have children. I have seen some children with two crappy parents and this is allowed, yet we want to deny loving PEOPLE children because of who their parents love? Doesn't make sense to me.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i believe that all should have the right to adopt as long as they are going to be good parents whether they are gay , straight, or whatever the case may be. there are to many kids that are in need of care and be out of the system to really worry about what goes on in the couples bedroom.
    rainfey

Answer by rainfey at 6:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Agree with layh41407 . If they are going to be loving parents then there's nothing wrong with it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think GOOD parents should have kids. Period. Sexual orientation doesn't matter. Neither does the child's sex. That's like asking if straight women should be allowed to have sons or straight men should be allowed to have daughters.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think it is totally fine. I also believe that it's totally fine for gay couples to get married. Who are we to say what they can and can't do? It's their life. What does being gay have to do with not being a good parent? Because that's what it takes to raise a child, being a good parent. It doesn't matter what race, sex or sexual orientation you are. It's how good you are to your children. Gay couples would most likely do a better job at raising kids than most straight couples.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Why would it matter? Do you think they'd turn their kids gay? (omg, horror of horrors!! lol) The vast majority of gay people come from heterosexual homes. And studies have shown that children of lesbians are more well adjusted than their peers in hetero homes. Maybe we should be questioning whether breeders should be the ones having kids. :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 7:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Two loving parents, heck, even, one loving parent is good enough for me. This is especially true if we are talking about kids in the foster care system. Children just need someone to love them and guide them and tell them they are wonderful. Sex, or sexual orientation, doesn't make much difference, in my opinion.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 8:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2010