My neck hurts so so so BAD right now...

and it has been all day
whenever I tilt my head downward my neck just feels so so sore.

I've gotten sleep, I haven't done anything strenuous...what could this be? It's been happening off and on, well more like it gets a little better then it's awful whenever I get up from laying down...any ideas on what this is about? Or do I just need a massage?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 7:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• Massage is a good idea and do neck stretches. The one I find very helpful is tilt your head to the side ...........looking straight ahead but head leaning towards shoulder.......... hold for a count of 10. Then do other side. Repeat about 6 times. Shoulder shrugs help too (look straight ahead and shrug your shoulders. hold. repeat)
    There are others you can find at google. Advil, or anything for inflammation, for a few of days will help too. See a Dr if it contiues
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It sounds like you shortened the muscles on 1 side of the neck. Stretch your neck then have someone massageit for you. Maybe a different pillow 2morrow night will help you
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 7:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The stretching feels good, I'll take some advil...my mom gave me vicodin and even though it helps with pain, I always pass out after I take it. So I'll take advil, and i tried rubbing it myself but it feels like I am bruised, cause it's so sore, but Ill have my SO rub it while I squeeze a pillow.

:)
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 8:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2010