Missed my period but not pregnant

I stopped using birth control pills end of April and want on my period on the 3rd of May 2010. I then missed my period in June and i took a pregancy test and it came out negative. We are now in July and my period has not yet come. Am not having any signs of being pregnant. Could i be pregnant??? We are trying for a baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It's possible. Go to the doctor for a blood test and exam.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• one of my friends always got a negative result from home pregnancy tests when she was indeed pregnant She took three of them and all came back negative. She finally went to a doctor If you do not get your period this month and have another negative HPT, go see a doctor and get a blood test.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My sister never shows on a home pregnancy test until she is around 4 months pregnant - she always needs a blood test from her doctor to confirm it before then.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 8:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes it's possible you are pregnant, blood tests are much more accurate than HPTs so I would recommend going to a doctor and getting a check. Good luck.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Like others said, it's definitely possible! It takes longer for some to get the positive result than others.

However, it's also possible that you're just late. There are any number of factors that can cause this - heck, even just the stress of trying for a baby is enough to delay things a bit! Also, you may simply be irregular as a result of coming off the pill so recently. I encourage you to start charting your temperatures - I found that to be the best way to determine the exact date my period was going to start, and was how I found out I was pregnant!

Good luck, and baby dust to you!
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 8:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It's possible. If you're getting negative on the pregnancy tests, you should probably go to the doctor so they can do some tests.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• did you find out? im in the same boat
    maybebaby3299

Answer by maybebaby3299 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2010