Do you want a privacy option for your transcript?

I really don't like it that everyone can read your transcript. You have a privacy option for your profile but I haven't been able to find a way to keep a transcript private it you want it. If this is important to you, we need to find a way to get cafemom to help us out. Love this site and the moms here, but everyone should be able to keep their information private if they want it that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in About CafeMom

• YES! I want it private! It's like leaving a laundry list of where I've been, who I've talked to, and what I said readily accessed by a single button. CM has talked about adding privacy features in the Phi Beta Mama group. I hope they do.

There wasn't a transcript before the change. Someone could do a search of your name and come up with Posts, Answers, Groups, etc., and even then you'd have to go thru each one, but it wasn't like it is now.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think that the anon option was removed due to the many reports made by cafemom members insisting that anon posters were the only ones violating cafemom "rules of conduct".
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 8:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• That would be nice, but then I think you'd see too many "private" ones and that defeats the purpose of reading many ideas.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I really don't care. There isn't much information on the transcript that needs to be hidden. Just questions you asked and answered. People need to take some responsibility for the stuff they say. Even if its in a semi-annoymous format known as the internet.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• They weren't private before the change so i don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about it now. Just post anon if you don't want them to see your transcripts or for something to go on you transcript. If you can't post anon yet start answering question that you wouldn't mind people seeing and get your points up so you can go anon.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Before the search it wasn't called transcripts but they seen basically the same thing they do now.
    All a person had to do was click your name while here in the answer section and it was like a little tab go down and click view answers. That would bring you to what is now called your transcripts. It showed all the questions you had asked and all of your answers.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• sorry meant before the change not before the search.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't mind.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 8:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't care either way. I do everything with my name beside it anyway, so I don't care who sees what. If I have something to hide, I'll just go anon. But, why hide?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't care about the questions I ask and the answers I give if I post them. I may not always want it public if I report a question or have any other activity. You can't report it anon. It always shows up on your transcript. I should have the choice to decide what I want public and what I want completely private. Either give us the option to set the privacy setting on the transcript or get rid of it .
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2010